Quoting someone else in your post

Make Suggestions, Report Problems, Ask "How Do I ..." Questions.... This is the place.
DreamInRed
Zombie
Zombie

Quoting someone else in your post

Postby DreamInRed » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:25 pm

When you're quoting someone else in you post, how do you include who you're quoting, i.e "Silverednickle wrote: . . .

When I've quoted in various threats, I can only paste the text and not the original poster's name.

Thanks!
Last edited by DreamInRed on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quoting someone else in your post

Postby Russ Chappell » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:01 pm

DreamInRed wrote:When you're quoting someone else in you post, how do you include who you're quoting, i.e "Silverednickle wrote: . . .

When I've quoted in various threats, I can only paste the text and not the original poster.

Just above my post, in the upper righthand corner, you should see a button that says "quote."

That button is the same as "Reply," except it populates the reply box with a quote of the message you're replying to.

You can do this yourself, manually, by enclosing what you want to appear in the quote box with quote "tags", like this:

Code: Select all

[quote]everything between the these two tags will be in a quote box. Note that the second tag includes a / to "close" the tag.[/quote]

There are other tricks. Once you're actually typing your reply, you can highlight the text you want quoted and click the QUOTE bbcode button. The bbcode buttons are the ones that control your formatting, letting you bold, italic, underline, color, size and do other things to your text.
Which is worse, ignorance or apathy?
I don't know, and I don't care.

DreamInRed
Zombie
Zombie

Re: Quoting someone else in your post

Postby DreamInRed » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:21 am

Oh ok. I've noticed that before, but didn't think anything about it. I usually copy what I want to quote, hit the "Reply" button to open up a reply text box, then click the "Quote" button above the blank text box, and paste my copied text there.

Many thanks!

Return to “Feedback”