34cat1

These episodes of Dark Shadows originally aired December 4-8, 1967.

• Look! A cat!
  • And… Look! A cat wrangler!
  • Is Nathan lying when he says he isn’t a liar?
  • Dysfunction, fixation and dismemberment
  • Upstairs, Downstairs…and everything in between
  • The weekly Stock Market report
  • Natalie’s in charge, and Naomi’s locked out
  • The mole, the boots and the amulet: fashion fun and foibles

ALSO:

• George Hamilton update
  • Lots o’ laughs

34dream4Let’s give Naomi a big hand for Outstanding Performance in a Dream Sequence

34rose6Will Angelique’s plan be foiled? Stay tuned…

34tarot3Tarot cards don’t lie

molesA study in fashion moles

1. Thanks for the reference to Robin Hood, Men in Tights! You guys are really on top of the pop culture references!

We are big pop culture junkies and love trying to work references into the podcast. It tickles us to no end when our listeners enjoy it as much as we do. Thanks!

2. Mariam says:

First of all, Congratulations. Roll Tide!

Secondly, yes, there were quite a few cute Cowsill boys (they were a family, the inspiration, I believe, for the Partridge Family TV show), one for any age group in teenybopper land.

Thirdly, I am delighted that Russ may be coming around to appreciating the 1795 Dark Shadows!

Greetings, fellow Cowsill fan! See, it wasn’t ALL about the Beatles and the Monkees…

As for Russ coming around to the 1795 storyline, I think a lot of it has to do with becoming more familiar with the new names.

Chrissy 🙂

3. Mariam says:

On suspecting Vicki to be a witch: I’m going on 45-year-old-memory here, and it did seem odd that people could be accused of witchcraft as late as 1795 in the United States. But I’ve since heard of New England towns panicking about vampires late into the 19th century, so it was not impossible for an isolated town. At the time, it seemed plausible to me that Vicki could arouse more suspicion than Angelique because a) she showed up at the Old House wearing an odd and highly immodest costume b) she kept blurting out strange exclamations as she saw people she “recognized” and c) she was carrying a book outlining the future history of the Collins family, wasn’t she?

4. Shelly Guth says:

i am looking for the name of the tarot deck use on dark shadows if any one could let me know i would be greatful

Good question! I surely don’t know. You might try asking at our Forum. You may reach a few more people there, and some of them have more Dark Shadows knowledge than Russ and I do.