THE DRAWING ROOM #22: DS EPISODES 316 – 320

These episodes of Dark Shadows originally aired September 11-15, 1967.

• Bovines, beware! Barnabas is back in town!
  • Is David loyal to a fault?
  • The Plan to help Maggie…excludes Maggie in the planning stages
  • The Urgency of Books?
  • Bob the Bartender vs. Willie the Snitch
  • “Scram, lil’ sister!”

Also:

• Me, Tarzan. You…Diana Millay!
  • Take our Star Trek Quiz!

Production Note: Our review of the new Dark Shadows movie will appear in a Special Mini Podcast, to be posted Sunday, May 13, 2012. Look for our next regular podcast around June 1.

Oh! And Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there!

The wheels are turning…

The Plan in action

Rare–but nice–father & son moment

Little sisters can be…so…AGGRAVATING!!

Big scary dream for a little frightened kid

7 Responses to THE DRAWING ROOM #22: DS EPISODES 316 – 320

1. Mark says:

Bob O’ Connell played Bob Rooney (sometimes called Andy) in 58 episodes. According to the Dark Shadows Almanac these appearances are in 1966-1967 and 1970.

Apparently he was typecast, because he plays an unnamed bartender in an 1897 episode.

He also plays a “Mr. Mooney” in one of the 1795 episode.

2. russ says:

Andy Rooney? Seriously? So that’s where his 60 Minutes gig came from. Thought he looked familiar…

3. Dave says:

The new microphones sound great! Great podcast!!

• russ says:

Thanks! We originally bought a kit from Amazon that included two mikes with cables, two headphones and a mixer, all for $99. Of course, the individual components were therefore pretty cheap. We never used the headphones and got a much better mixer, early on. With these two mikes, we’ve now upgraded every facet. I know it’s a lot easier to edit with these mikes. With the old system, I had to pot the mikes up pretty high, to get enough volume, but that brought a lot of background noise with it, which made it a real challenge to clean up. Technical editing of this last episode was a breeze. Although it can come with its own special challenges. In one segment, you could hear the cat meowing from the next room. Chrissy filtered it out, and everything’s copacetic.

4. Sharon Baker says:

Although precise legal nomenclature exists, in day to day speech, “cousin” is often used unmodified. Thus, a person may use the term “cousin” to refer to cousins of all types, e.g., first, second, and third cousins, as well as cousins once or more times removed. Modifier terms such as “half-cousin” or “step-cousin” are rarely used in everyday speech. The term “cousin” is also sometimes used for people someone is close to, even if they are not actually blood relatives. here is what i found on line in the wicapedia,, but I know that i had an older woman who was actually my mothers cousin but because she was OLDER and all I always referred to her as AUNT..and so do my own children once i had children of my own they all knew her as AUNT,,,then i found out when of this aunt’s children was doing a genealogy that it got unclear on the actual relationships because it was difficult to know as some people referred to as aunt or uncle were actually related or the term was extended as a term of RESPECT because it wasn’t respectful to refer to an AUNT or UNCLE by their first name only..one of my cousin’s children did that and NO ONE LIKED it.my mother did not like this child referring to her by her first name rather than AUNT ..but apparently my cousins did not have any titles even MOM or DAD cuz this kid referred to his parents my first names as well,, dont know if that helps or makes it all more confusing but thought it was interesting to look up here your comments did cause me to wonder just why that was ,,

5. You inspired me to go on Amazon and get myself a decent mixer. My audio sounds pretty bad on my own podcast. Whatever you have sounds awesome. I’ve been using a headset for five years. It’s about time I upgraded!

• russ says:

Thanks! For anyone interested, we use a Yamaha MG102c mixer with 2 Sennheiser e815S mikes. When we upgraded the mixer, it gave us a lot more flexibility, and a little bit better quality. The real increase in quality came with the mike upgrade, though.