Here is our premiere podcast of The Drawing Room

DISCLAIMER: If you choose to listen to our podcasts from the very beginning, please be warned: our production qualities here are just terrible in comparison to our latest episodes. Please don’t be put off! We get better, we promise! 🙂

This episode covers the introduction of Barnabas Collins, and his first days (or should I say “nights”?) in Collinsport. (Monday, April 17 – Friday, April 21, 1967)

• Episode 211 on Tuesday is the first appearance of Barnabas Collins
  • Willie Loomis is not the man he used to be
  • Barnabas Collins: Charming gentleman or creepy stranger?
  • Why is Jason McGuire even here? And…
  • Victoria Winters…where does she come from, and what is her connection to the Collins family?

Also in this episode:

• Introductions (who we are and why we’re doing this)
  • Dark Shadows news from ComicCon

This is our very first podcast EVER, so it’s not as “polished” as it could be! Each one should get better and better!

1. Rick Roberts says:

If memory serves me and I’m pretty sure I’m right…you see some references ot Barnabas coming before ep210..I think even the painting on the wall in Collinwood is there a few eps before 210. Since you folks are using Netflix as opposed to owning them you might want to check those out. I know you have seen them as you mentioned the storyline before 210 in various places. Just trying to help.

2. Dave says:

Just going back though some of the old comments…was anyone aware that the guy who played Jason McGuire…also played the role of the sheriff in the full length “House of Dark Shadows” movie?

Can’t remember whether it was touched on in the podcasts.

3. James says:

I really loved your first episode. I’ve never seen Dark Shadows before hearing your podcast and now I’m watching on Netflix and enjoying it a great deal. Keep up the great work on the podcast!

4. Chad says:

What an absolutely wonderful idea to do a DS podcast! I’m loving this!

Hey, Chad! Glad to hear you’re enjoying the podcast! Thanks for listening, and stopping by, and please feel free to make any comments you’d like about the podcast, or about Dark Shadows. I see you’re commenting on our first podcast. I assure you, the quality gets better as you go along, so please keep listening!

5. Tom says:

I think this is a great idea. I watched DS in the 60’s, originally at 3:30 PM EST in New York (One Live to Live took over that slot when DS moved to 4 PM, and yes, it was because of the schoolkids getting home to see it). Later on I went to the DS Cons, met Jonathan Frid, whole story there. I will tell all the fellow DS fans I know about this. Keep it up-I have some catching up to do, just listening to the first episode.

Hi, Tom! Glad to have you on board! I also grew up in New York in the 60’s (Long Island) but did not get to rush home from school to see Dark Shadows, because we were on split sessions, and by the time I got in all I could see was the credits 🙁 So glad SyFy picked it up in the 90’s, and even more glad to have access on DVD’s today. As you catch up, I think you will find the quality of our Drawing Room podcasts will go up. If you ever have any ideas for something you would like us to talk about or something we could do better, please let us know. We are open to suggestion!

Thanks for listening.

6. nick caputo says:

I discovered DS sometime in 1967. My cousin MaryAnn knew my older brother John liked horror movies and told him he should watch it. “Watch a Soap Opera?” John had reservations but got hooked, and his younger brother (yours truly) became interested as well. Barnabas was already on and we probably started sometime in the 1795 storyline. I was always fascinated by the show, and have continued to be over the decades. Your podcasts are always worth listening to, and I’m having fun traveling back and forth in time with your shows.

We always love hearing the stories of how people discovered Dark Shadows. It usually involves some sort of surprise, some “getting hooked” that was unexpected.

Thanks for your kind words about the podcast, but as you are posting this message on our very first podcast, I would like to take this opportunity to again warn anyone who might start listening from the beginning that our earliest efforts are very much a work in progress, a case of “learning as we go.” Just want to assure everyone once again that the production values WILL improve as you move through our podcasts.